Arsenic Removal with ISOLUX
Who is Isolux®
Isolux® Technologies, a division of MEL Chemicals, Inc., has developed a zirconium-based adsorbent media for the removal of arsenic and other heavy metals for drinking water.
MEL Chemicals, Inc. has been a leading provider of materials to remove environmental pollutants from air, water and soil for over 60 years.
The Isolux® media manipulates the morphology and surface properties of the zirconia to produce an adsorbent with very high capacity and excellent kinetics for removing arsenic.
The Isolux® media reacts both physically and chemically for rapid adsorption of arsenic and other heavy metals. Even in drinking water systems with arsenic concentrations in excess of 100 ppb, Isolux® has provided treatment in the range of 50,000 bed volumes to a non-detect level of arsenic. Systems in operation range from 10 GPM to 450 GPM.
- Removes As(III) and As(V): Effectively removes both arsenite [As(III)] and arsenate [As(V)] even at levels above 100ppb, without pretreatment, chemicals or chlorination.
- Fast kinetics: Absorbs 99% of arsenic in as little as 15-30 seconds.
- Small size: The Isolux® media has such fast kinetics, it does not require a large pressure vessel.
- Easy installation: The small skid-mounted system with simple plumbing makes installing the Isolux® system an easy retrofit.
- Easy to operate: The unit is designed to run unattended for long periods of time. There is no need for specialized training to replace the cartridges. The operating pH range is from 4.0 to 8.5.
- Easy maintenance: The Isolux® media uses a cartridge so replacing media is easy to do and easy to dispose of. Cartridge replacement does not require any confined space entry.
- No backwashing: The Isolux® system requires no backwashing, and thus generates no wastewater.
- Environmentally friendly disposal: Non-leachable spent media is non-hazardous waste and passes EPA TCLP and California WET tests. This reduces waste disposal costs since no special handling is required.
- Cost effective: The fast-acting media allows you to build the system using smaller pressure vessels which makes for easier and less expensive installations. Operation does not require any specialized training.
- NSF 61 cartridges: Isolux® products are designed specifically for drinking water applications and impart no taste or harmful chemicals to the water.
- High ion affinity: The Isolux® media effectively removes arsenic, cadmium, chromium, lead, phosphorous and vanadium.